a recent trip to Spain, I decided to use a travel
agent. While I normally prefer to make my
arrangements myself, this was a family vacation.
I was running out of time to research suitable online
hotels. In addition, it didn't seem practical to go from
hotel to hotel, family in tow, looking for
vacancies once we arrived in Spain, particularly
in the hot summer heat. One of my contacts in
Spain referred me to Madrid & Beyond for
one of the best reasons for using a travel agent
is to take some of the worry and work out of the
trip. In the case of Madrid & Beyond, you have
an English-speaking agent to call on for
assistance, right in Spain!
Above - pool at a Beach Resort in Marbella, my hotel arrangements were made by Madrid & Beyond.
They also can relieve
some of those pre-trip jitters by taking care of
all those bothersome travel details.
|Madrid & Beyond takes pride in often being able
to arrange accommodations for
less cost than if a traveler contacted the hotel
I e-mailed to Madrid & Beyond the number of people in our party, our
arrival and depart dates for each city, and gave
them specific instructions as to where I wanted
my hotel in each city (i.e. near a main highway,
city center, etc.). I also provided Madrid & Beyond with some idea of what we expected in a
hotel and average nightly cost we were willing to
pay for accommodations. Madrid & Beyond
responded back by e-mail with a hotel
recommendation for each of the cities, including
a short but detailed description of the hotel and
a total cost for the package. I provided Madrid & Beyond with my credit card information and
soon received in my mailbox a travel package that
included documents such as maps for all places
visited with the hotel locations indicated,
personal recommendations for restaurants and
tapas bars, and hotel vouchers and city
maps showing the precise location of each hotel.
A few of Madrid & Beyond services:
- Specialized tours for groups.
- Personal guided city tours
- Cookery classes and other unique activities.
- Arrange visits to wine bodegas.
- Tapas Tours
- Purchase of AVE train tickets.
- Reservations for flamenco.
- Walking tours
- Reservations for bullfights.
- Horseback riding excursions.
- Request it, they will try to find a provider.
- Madrid & Beyond is not the right Spain travel agency for everyone, Madrid & Beyond is not right for:
- Travelers budgeting less than 120 euros, per night, for a hotel. Note, exception would be long term stay, apartments and houses.
- Individuals that seek a total serendipity travel experience and want to spend the night where ever their feet might take them.
- Travelers that have already booked hotels for their Spain trip.
|Please use the booking link at the bottom of the recommended Spain Travel Agent page to book your own Spain experience with Madrid & Beyond.